Friday, December 27, 2013

The Quest for 35-0 (Part Two of Three)

The quest for 35-0 is still alive!........... Just kidding. Thanks to missing the first three bowl games, my quest for a perfect slate of bowl picks was short lived. Currently, I'm 3-5, which is really embarrassing and really pathetic. However, just like any gambling addict and self-declared football genius would, I'm going to keep picking the games.  I have a good attitude still, though. The first few bowl games are like the preseason, anyways. They're between a bunch of teams that very few people have seen play, and they mainly serve as advertisements for companies that very few people have ever heard of (Hello, Beef O'Brady's and Royal Purple). However, the bowl picks this time around actually feature some teams I've heard of and seen play this year. That's why I'm very confident I'm going to go undefeated with part two of my picks (Actually, I"ll be honest with you. I probably won't get them all. Here's hoping to only missing one or two, though... Actually, I'll be lucky to get two right with my luck right now. If I get them all, though, then somebody get Mark May on the phone at ESPN, so you can tell him he's being replaced.) Let's go write some haikus!

11) Fight Hunger Bowl: Washington over BYU
Who is Brigham Young?
Price and Sankey can sure play
Huskies beat Mormons

12) New Era Pinstripe Bowl: Notre Dame over Rutgers
Bowl game in the Bronx
Do the players get free hats?
Rutgers might get killed

13) Belk Bowl: Cincinnati over North Carolina
Was torn with my pick
Bearcats won this bowl last year,
giving them slight edge

14) Russell Athletic Bowl: Louisville over Miami (FL)
Bridgewater's last game?
Both teams are overrated
Cardinals soar higher

15) Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl: Kansas State over Michigan
Gardener injured?
Hoke just wants to eat free wings!
Wildcats by three

16) Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl: Navy over Middle Tennessee State
What's a Blue Raider?
Midshipmen like to run and run
 Helicopters rule!

17) Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl: Georgia Tech over Ole Miss
Inconsistent teams
Yellow Jackets use option
Ole Miss is confused

18) Valero Alamo Bowl: Oregon over Texas
Mack Brown's farewell game
Do 'Horns send him out happy?
Ducks say no. Win big.

19) National University Holiday Bowl: Arizona State over Texas Tech
Kingsbury's team scores
Sun Devils score a lot more
Lots of passes thrown

20) Advocare V100 Bowl: Arizona over Boston College
Two great running backs.
Williams might outrush Carey,
but Cats get the win

21) Hyundai Sun Bowl: UCLA over Virginia Tech
LA team in Sun
Too good to be true for me
Bruins smash Hokies

22) AutoZone Liberty Bowl: Mississippi State over Rice
Rice won title game
But in a bad conference
SEC team wins

23) Chick-Fil-A Bowl: Texas A&M over Duke
Manziel's farewell game?
This isn't Duke basketball?
Aggies win chicken

J. Nave

Record so far: 3-5 (through games on December 26th)









No comments:

Post a Comment